Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween...we're gonna party like it's your birthday

Hello all! This last week has been fun for us. Monday for FHE we went to Costa Vida. Now that's my kind of FHE! We also had a lesson, but it's fun for us to eat out every once and a while.

For Halloween this year Justin and I decided we wanted to hang out with Trisha's family. Justin didn't have work in the morning so he made cupcakes to share with our married friends at their party and with Trisha's family. We dressed up as Han Solo and Princess Leah!
I just used a Walmart bed sheet and cut a hole in it for my head. Then when it draped over my body I put the belt around it giving me instant sleeves. Awesome!

We so enjoyed trick-or-treating with Shae and Brie. Hailey is all grown up now so she went with one of her friends. It was fun listening to Brie and Shae gab and gab to us. Justin and I carried Brie a lot in between houses, and at one point Brie said, "Justin I love you!" Priceless.


We watched some of "Snow White and the Huntsman" with Trisha's family but then we needed to get to our friend's house because I had a surprise birthday cake there for Justin! He was very surprised...as he should've been. It was 5 days before his actual birthday! But I wanted to do something with friends and something else with the two of us on his actual birthday. We played games and watched some of Hocus Pocus. We stayed up past midnight...that was a first in a long time. I was exhausted! I love being married and going to bed at 10 every night. I love bed.

Thursday we played a semi-final rec frisbee game. These guys were somewhat tough, but for the most part they were all a real pain to play. I have a hard time playing with people who don't know the rules but act like they do. One of the guys slammed into me when we both went for the disc in the end zone. He hit my knee so hard! It was dumb because right before that he was yelling at me about a rule, and then as soon as he hurt me he was being all nice... Oh well. We sent them home defeated so I'm fine taking a bruise to have that satisfaction.

Friday Chase got engaged! I was really excited to get to see it and be a part of his friends who held that sign. I'm so excited to have Rachel in our family! Trisha and I are throwing her a bridal shower this Wednesday so that will be fun. Hooray and congratulations!


stupid pole...right in the way of where Rachel was!





Rachel's ring is to die for! I'm so excited for these two =]



the EMT stuff was such a good idea.

For Justin's birthday (today) I made his favorite breakfast, French toast, complete with my buttermilk syrup. So good! I scheduled an hour deep tissue massage for him after his work, so while he was at that I finished my geology lab (more like finished "starting" the lab...) and hurried home to make his favorite food...."Mediterranean."

Really?

When I asked him what his favorite food was and he said Mediterranean I thought "what the heck is Mediterranean food?" Thank goodness for Pinterest! I found a couple recipes I thought looked good and then did my own thing with it. I made chicken stuffed with kale, spinach, feta cheese, red pepper, oregano, and garlic. I also made pizza using Peeta bread (don't try pinterest-ing peeta bread...the only things that comes up are Hunger Games shenanigans), white sauce, spinach, feta cheese, and tomato. Mitzi has the best apple crisp recipe ever so I got that from her for dessert complete with the caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. We were in heaven! He opened his gifts (a bunch of clothes-ha I buy him things for his birthday I want-- go figure) and then we played racquetball in the Hart. He dominates at racquetball but he went easy on me so I didn't get too frustrated.



Happy birthday sweetheart!

This week we have ultimate playoffs. We are both so ready to be done coordinating! I have my second geology test while that's going on as well, and I need to find time to practice the organ because I play for the first time next Sunday. Busy busy but we love it, and we are so grateful for all our blessings! Heavenly Father is so good to us. Peace and Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment