Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What Would You Do?

Hello all!! Sorry for being a super slacker lately. I've been quite the busy body the past couple weeks. An update is definitely in order. =]

First: picture this scenario. It's 7:00 AM and your roommate thinks it's cool to blast her music throughout the apartment while she sings along. She has a great singing voice, but really? Is that necessary at 7:00 in the morning? I'm getting accustomed to sleeping with ear plugs. Mitzi told me about sleeping with ear plugs and I thought it was really weird, but they have saved me since I've been at college. Especially when I'm on track taking classes and I go to bed at 10:00. =] If it ends up being a continuous thing, I'm sure I'll get the courage to say something, but for now I just thought I'd add it to my blog post and ask: what would you do?

To those of you who don't already know, I am currently in a relationship. His name is Preston Jones. He's from Colorado and he's a Frisbee nut just like me. I met him back in the spring and totally had a crush on him. He coordinated the Frisbee league, and he's one of the best players on campus. We had Frisbee practice at the same time every week, and our teams often scrimmaged so I sort of got to know him. Over the summer he randomly started texting me one day, and at the beginning of the semester he started taking me out on dates. After a rocky start with lots of drama we finally figured out that we just like each other dangit, and we want to be together. So that's my story! He's an accounting major, he served his mission in Washington, and one of our favorite pass-times is watching The Office (next to Ultimate, of course).=]

Here are a few pics of him doing what he does best

Next order of business: Ultimate Frisbee!!

The league had tryouts a couple weeks ago, and I have a very exciting team. I'm coaching this fall, and my team is the Lady Hawks! We had our first game last Friday and it was so much fun! The weather last week was rainy/snowy and windy, so I was really nervous for our game, but it turned out great! We played Friday night in the spot lights at the upper fields. It was very wet, but the wind wasn't bad at all, and we played very well!



The first half we were up 4-0 but after half-time the Hurricanes made a come-back and with no time left the score was 4-4. The next point ended the game, and our team had possession of the disc. I threw the longest forehand I've ever thrown and my teammate/assistant coach Jenny caught it in the end zone declaring us the winners! It was very exciting. I had a pretty sick layout as well, but there are no pictures to prove it.

Our next game is this Saturday at 11:00 AM and we play the Vikings, which will be a tough match for sure! Hopefully we'll have our jerseys by then. ;)

Next order of business: WORK! I thought I was all done surveying, but turns out my bosses wanted me to go out one more time. We got the 51% LMI (Low to Moderate Income) for Arco, but I couldn't get higher than 45% LMI in Moore. 51% is required to apply for a grant to get the project going, so that stinks. But after a dog jumped up on me and ripped my skirt (while surveying in Moore) on the last house, I was so over it. So now the surveying is done, and hopefully I won't be going back to Arco for a long time. =] I love you Mom and Dad, but I need my life in Rexburg!

Two weekends ago I went to Boise with Mom and Dad for conference. We had Gabe's birthday party: the whole "Soups and Sweaters" deal. It was really good to see the family. I miss living over there with my cute part-time job at the Food Bank, my singles ward with the most amazing bishop ever, and just being able to hang out with my friends/family whenever I wanted. But...whatever. I got to meet up with my best friend Mindy Bradshaw which was so awesome! She and I had some fun at the mall together. Here are a few pics from that adventure.

I love JB!

Baby Piper
 

General Conference was so good this fall. I loved it all I swear! My favorites were Elder Packer's and President Monson's talks. There were also three talks in a row during the Sunday afternoon session that hit me pretty hard. I love General Conference. I took notes on my laptop like crazy, and it's just interesting to me how I can feel like the Lord is trying to say something to me directly, but it's happening to 1,000,000 other people at the same time. LOVE IT!!!



In other interesting news, BYU-Idaho has a new "bell" thingy. I have no idea where it is, but throughout the day different hymns/primary songs are played. For instance, right now I can hear the bells chiming to "I am a Child of God." 



I've been writing Keaton a lot as well as his old roommate Devin Schroath. Devin and I sort of liked each other for about five seconds earlier in the year, but that was weird. I love writing letter and getting them back in the mail. It's a rare thing with texting and email, so it's such a treat for me! I'm reading three books right now: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Teach Like Your Hair's on Fire, and The Myth of Laziness. So far I'm not impressed but...we'll see. I also have five coupons to jamba juice "buy one get one free" so I'll be making lots of friends and doing that activity soon. =] Well that's my news! I'll write more about the happenings of this week next week. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment