Sunday, October 23, 2011

Drama Mama!!

Oh my...where to begin?

This week has been mayhem. Break ups are the worst no matter what side you're on. Lately I've been struggling with that situation. I want to say I've had about four MAJOR MELTDOWNS in the past couple days being upset about it. My mom tells me I need to try to stay distracted. For this post, I'm going to talk about those distractions that have worked.

First: I got registered to vote in Madison County! I'm a bit of a government nerd. I get fired up about this stuff. I love watching Bill O'Reilly, and I just find all the different issues and opinions so very interesting! So yes...November 8th you'll find me walking around with an "I voted!" sticker feeling very happy about the world. =]

Next order of business: this book! I'm reading The Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W. Kimball and I love it! The more I study it, the stronger my testimony grows of all the steps necessary to be forgiven of our sins. The timing of me reading this book has proven to be a tender mercy in my life.

Work has really picked up which has been great. Other people in the office are aware that there's a temp around, so they give me all sorts of "honey-do"s all day. In my free time I read or do indexing.

Friday I had a Frisbee game at 6 and it was the most overwhelming game I've ever played. Once again, I failed to take pictures, but it's not all bad I didn't document the experience. The game took two hours! I only subbed out a couple times because my team was falling apart without me! It was amazing to me how nobody was catching anything, and then our defense was just terrible.

Other than that frustration, there was a lot of tension in the game. There were a lot of fouls and heated discussion on certain rules. I held my ground on one of them because I knew I was right (haha don't we all "know" we're right?) and it really fired up another girl on the other team. The score was 8-7 and time was up, but we had to play the next point before we could end it. I used up both my time-outs and the wind was picking up. At this point I was so over the whole thing and I just told the other handler that she and I were going to work it up the field and score to end everyone's misery. If the other team scored, we'd have to do another point for a tie breaker, and so help me, that was not going to happen. We scored the last point making it 9-7 and hallelujah it was over. I had four assists and seven knockdowns. Bam!

*If you want to skip the emotional stuff, feel free to skip down to the next (*) 

After the game I called my team together and apologized for my behavior in the game. I was letting a lot of things get to me when I should've brushed them off and I let if affect my coaching and playing. So I apologized to my team, and then I apologized to the other team's coach. She apologized too, and then when I was walking away I just started bawling. All the emotions of the week plus the tension of the game all came out in racking sobs.

My assistant knew that my recent break- up was at the root of my reaction, and she followed me to my car and gave me a hug. I hadn't cried that much and that hard in forever. She encouraged me to keep my head up, and then I drove home in my distressed condition.

That was a bad idea; I almost got in two car accidents!

*But anyway...when I got home I changed my clothes and then it was time to get over myself because four of my friends and I were going to Texas Road House to celebrate my friend Thea's birthday! Crying it out made me feel better anyway, so I was able to thoroughly enjoy the rest of my evening. We went to the restaurant and one of our good friends was our server. He was a lot of fun! =] I recommend the "Chicken Critters" the next time you eat there...they were awesome!

We all pretended that we wanted to get home and chill out in our sweats and watch a movie when really we had a huge group of friends waiting at her apartment to surprise her! When she opened the door everyone got her with silly string and there were signs and balloons everywhere wishing her a happy birthday. That was a really fun night. Happy 19th birthday Thea!




yes I cried all my makeup off =] I feel fine about it

Bryson (left), Lauren (middle), and Thea in the chair. Bryson and Lauren did a Brittany Spears dance all over her it was hilarious

Bryson romancing Thea

Trent shaking his sexy booty!

19 cupcakes for 19 years old =]

Me, Lauren, and Thea

Grace, Lauren, and Thea

This is the "better than sex" cake that we devoured! I about died it was so good

Eric and Winston





So as you can see, it was a very fun night. =]

Next order of business! My best friend Kelsey Montgomery drove from Utah to Rexburg Friday night to spend the weekend with me! She left at 10 PM and got here at about 2:30 AM. We stayed up until 4 catching up on everything, and then slept in Saturday. We went to the gym, drank protein shakes, watched the first half of The Notebook, and went to a Relief Society enrichment activity out to the dunes. When we got back we watched the best movie ever How to Train Your Dragon with four other friends that were on a double date.



But! Exciting news! Last night Kelsey and I went to get a movie but ended up not getting one, and we saw two guys walking headed "somewhere" so we asked them if they wanted a ride and they agreed. So we took them home and they totally wanted our numbers while they were getting out...they kept postponing the "getting out of the car" part. I could tell Jared really wanted Kelsey Montgomery's number, so I said, "Why don't you just ask for her number already?" =] He got it and Shane got mine and it was just a win. =]


hot chocolate at The Cocoa Bean


Today has been a great day. Before church this morning I threw all sorts of nonsense in my crock pot and it cooked into deliciousness while we were at church. We had taco soup for lunch and it was awesome! In the afternoon we finished The Notebook, fixed up lasagna in the crock pot and peach dessert in the oven, and while Kelsey took a nap I started working on my blog.

Tonight has been the best. I invited friends over for dinner. I wanted to make lasagna because it's Kelsey's favorite, but to make lasagna for two people is impossible so I invited friends over and there ended up being ten of us: five girls and five boys!! I didn't even plan that! Shane and Jared came, along with Chad, Justin, and Travis. It was so fun! We ate dinner and then Kelsey and I fixed up the dessert (it was peach filling on the bottom, yellow cake mix on top of that with chunks of butter and crunched up Heath bars on top baked for 45 minutes ...win). After that I was delighted that everyone wanted to stick around and just chit-chat. They stayed and just hung out; it was great!

Dinner!


In other news: I came down with a cold Friday night and it's been getting progressively worse. I'm sure playing two hours of Frisbee in the cold wind plus all the stress of everything didn't help with that. Thank goodness for this:

Neti pot! If you have no idea what this is and you think I'm crazy, let me just say...don't judge until you try. Once you try, you are instantly converted and there's no going back! =]

Tonight we are watching Tangled...and I'll probably go to bed soon and not wake up until noon tomorrow. Meanwhile...what were some fun things you guys did in college for Halloween? It's the funnest holiday, and I'm in the funnest time of my life, so I need some epic ideas! Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Heath bar with peach, I'm not so sure about that conversation. I love Halloween, I can't believe there are haters of this holiday. What's to hate, I mean really. Anyway the Haunted Mill is always fun but spendy along with corn mazes. You could plan a fun murder mystery date dinner, I've never done one but always wanted to. Then there is always the classic get a scary movie and watch it while eating candy. Dang I want to do all of those things. Don't cry and drive any more Kels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm retarded I mean combination not conversation. I should not type while tired either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heath bar was crumbled up so it was like having hints of chocolate and toffee melted on the top of peach cobbler--it was good!

    ReplyDelete