Sunday, October 30, 2011

Best Week(end) Ever

This week was pretty much the best week ever. It was definitely the most drama-free week I've had since...probably August. Hollaback! In fact, I feel a lot like this:

you can't fake that kind of happiness


On Monday my roommate and I were brainstorming for what to do for FHE. We were going to go to the haunted mill, but too many in our group were against that idea, so I thought we could frost sugar cookies and ding-dong-ditch them to either our bishop or somebody else we knew. I got my great-grandma's recipe from my mom and made them in advance so when our group came we could just frost them. We took cookies to a girl next door for her birthday, and then to the Crapse brothers in our group who were unable to make it.


Other than that, I was sick all day Monday, so I enjoyed not going to work and I basically read all day.

Tuesday we had a stake activity where each ward was in charge of "minute to win it" games. I'm activities coordinator for my ward, and my partner and I set up a game where you put tights on your head with a tennis ball in the sleeve, and you try to knock water bottles over with the tennis ball. It goes a little like this:

Everyone was getting into this game. People were crowded around taking pictures and yelling, screaming, and cheering on the contenders. There was a dance going on at the opposite side of the room that we enjoyed as well. I love Mormon dance parties. Everyone is so hyper, but nobody knows how to dance, so we all just go crazy! The single most amazing part of the night was when Justin Bieber's Baby came on, followed by the We Like to Party EFY dance. There was also tons of pie for us to eat. That was such a fun night!

pumpkin pie!

part of our crew



Grace with a stuffed badger...it was part of someone's costume. 
Wednesday I went to my brother Chase's rec softball game. He's on a team with a bunch of people from Arco, and as I looked around I realized that I am pretty must the only person from Arco going to school here that isn't on that team. Funny. It was fun to catch up with a few friends that night.

Thursday morning I went to the temple. I go to the temple at least once a week, which is a little tougher now that I have work during the hours walk-ins are welcome. But you've got to make time for these things! I am really grateful that I have a temple so close to go to. It is so great to feel the holy spirit there, and when I go I am encouraged to keep myself temple worthy so one day I'll be married there to the love of my life for time and all eternity!

this picture is beautiful, but it is foreshadowing of the winter semester soon to come....brrrr
Thursday night my work had a dinner for the different companies they work with to get the developing work done in East and Central Idaho. My boss invited me to come and bring a guest, so I invited my FHE brother Chad to come with me. My bosses went all out making these fancy meats and really all the food turned out great. It was a score for me because it counted as "work" so I got paid to hang out at a business dinner thing. Sweet! I love my job. =] There was extra food that my boss insisted the poor college students take home, so Chad and I totally got hooked up!

When dinner was over, the two of us went to Pinnacle where there was a Battle of the Dance. These two Rexburg crews put on a free show that was pretty awesome! There were 10 guys total doing all sorts of hip hop. My favorite was the very end when both crews did their choreographed routines which were sweet! Sorry I don't have any pictures or videos.

When that was over we watched Captain America. *Spoiler alert (safe to read at the next *) it was pretty OK until the very end! I sometimes have a problem watching movies. It's usually just action movies...there's just too much going on! I can't focus...but anyway; this one had tons of stuff going on the whole time, so I'm sure normal people are thinking "yeah great movie" but seriously the end made us all so mad. Hello worst ending ever. My roommate Lauren is still seething over it.

*Friday was a great day! I worked until 1:30, and then I picked up a new Frisbee! That makes four for me. Yes! My roommate Lauren and I went to Idaho Falls which was such a WIN!!! We were looking forward to this outing all week, and it was so great. Lauren is one of the few people on this earth that understands my humor. I have this thing where I find certain things completely hysterical, and I am pleased to report that she gets it! We had the best time at the mall, particularly Victoria's Secret! We also ate Panda Express before heading back to Rexburg.

The Ultimate Player


That night was a big athletic night for the two of us. She had a volleyball tournament starting at 8:30, but she had to do stats at 6 for the boy's tournament. I got dressed in my Frisbee clothes and went with her. We did stats for my ex-boyfriend's best friend's team. Awkward! But he was surprisingly nice to me. So...it wasn't bad. At 7 I went and played Ultimate at the stadium. I love playing with others (particularly guys) who are experienced and just get it. We were able to make some great plays, and my handling was extra excellent that night. At 8:30 I watched my roommate play volleyball until 10:30. Her team liked me being there because I was super enthusiastic and basically their main cheerleader. I was totally the "cheerleader" on my team in high school, but here's the thing...with volleyball that is sort of necessary. After it was done, all Lauren's roommates were like, "can you come to our games all the time?" =] yes, I sure can!

Saturday morning I had a Frisbee game at 11. You guys...it was one of our best games. No...it was definitely the best game we've had all season. We won 8-5 and can I just say...every single one of my players scored a point, and I assisted them all! Of the 8 assists, I had 7 of them (win win win) and I had three or four knockdowns. I didn't score a point, but I was the only person on my team who didn't and that isn't my job anyway--my job is to assist the points--so it was THE BEST GAME EVER!!! Every single one of my girls scored a point, so there was excellent teamwork going on! It was some very good handling. Love it! Admire my battle wounds:






That night I did "soups and sweaters" with my friends. I got this from my brother Gabe. He throws a party for his birthday and they call it "soups and sweaters" so I didn't coin this. I take NO CREDIT for the clever name. Turns out just a few friends and I got together and ate soup, and then we watched a scary movie! Funny enough: none of us wore sweaters...but that's for the alliteration anyway ;) We did it at Southgate lounge which is very nice. I made taco soup with nachos and Lauren made creamy potato soup with rolls. We watched The Uninvited which is such a great scary movie. It has the best twist. I highly recommend it. Don't freak out when you see the cover; it's not that bad. Just watch it. We also watched part of Arthur which was pretty funny.

the best taco soup I've made yet!


Lauren, myself, and Chad

eating elk for the first time


Today I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting on faith. I finished my visiting teaching this afternoon, and I am in the biggest baking mood! I am feeling Halloween sugar cookies. We're having friends over later to play Settlers. :Lauren and I had an awesome weekend and now we're planning to do fun things for Halloween! Oh the blessings the Lord sends into our lives in the form of friends. =] P.S...Henry B. Eyring's grandson (who is also named Henry, who is SMOKIN' HOT and SUPER RIGHTEOUS) totally winked at my roommate today in church. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment