Monday, April 30, 2018

8 weeks

Logan is such a happy baby. He pretty much only cries when he is hungry or has a burp we have trouble getting out. He is just happy to be around, which is wonderful considering his brother is all over the place. 

Emmett is talking SO MUCH. I swear the other day he said "'go away" when I walked up to clean off his breakfast tray. Ok dude... Justin swears he heard him say, "I want more please" - he is getting it! We're working on teaching him Logan's name (he's still just "baby") and "I love you." We're also signing with him more so he can communicate when he's feeling frustrated about something he wants and we don't know what it is. We had 3 glorious warm SUMMER days (up in the 80's!) last week and we enjoyed going for walks, playing at several different parks, and hanging out on the porch.

I ordered and finished "Protecting the Gift" this week after Mitzi posted about it. Such a critical read. Our 5th Sunday discussion was on abuse today - it is absolutely a topic we can't turn a blind eye to as parents and assume it wouldn't happen to our kid, in our family, in this neighborhood, etc. I trust no one! Lol...not entirely true, but I absolutely trust my gut and am unapologetic for it, thank you very much.

I finished 21 days fix and am now doing the 21 day fix extreme for (you guessed it) the next 21 days. I'm on day 4 tomorrow. I took before pictures and weighed myself - I won't weigh myself again until the full 21 days are over and I'll take pictures to see if I notice a difference. I don't have a sense of urgency about losing my baby weight because if I do, I get too obsessive and there's no joy in that - so I'm just letting it come off on its own, with time, exercise, and a little self control. Justin is training for a marathon at the end of June so it helps that we both are working toward our fitness goals.

I am just so FULL of gratitude for my life! I love my babies, my husband, and my every day. There is so much joy in raising these babies. We have such a unique season with Justin working from home - with this new business opportunity we have had to adjust schedules and budgets but the sacrifices are worth it to both be so present in our boys' lives.

Mom sent me this outfit - adorable boy!

I just love the newborn stage so much

We took the fam to the spring fair


He is holding a stick yelling "balll!" - because ball is life for this kid

some of the sharp gals in my unit at our red jacket rally

love this sweater!


Christy sent this adorable sleeper

best seat in the house

oh man...the other day he had a blowout and it was while I was on a walk with a friend. It was one of those defining mom moments of get as much poop off the kid to get him in his car seat without making a mess while you are also running out of baby wipes....we got him home, bathed, disinfected, and mommy took a breather while he caught up on his favorite - llama llama

we've not been able to gather a group to play ultimate with us on thursday nights but we still enjoy getting out - of course, no matter how many balls we bring for Emmett to play with, he just wants to chase after everyone else's soccer or basketballs at the park

such a mama's boy. Logan also smiles A TON - more than I remember Emmett ever smiling.








No comments:

Post a Comment