Monday, April 16, 2018

1 month

A little over one month, (5 weeks) but this kid is growing a ton! He is 11 pounds 11 oz! He's gained over 3 pounds in less than 6 weeks! He's way above in weight and height which is fun. It is in no way an indicator of a superior baby but it just makes me FEEL like he is a step above the rest ;) His smiles and baby coos are so precious!

We have had a very gloomy month. It was like the week he was born we had a few nice days and then the wind and rain and gray decided to settle in and stay a while. It's been the pits! It's hard to pull yourself out of the gray funk but my business keeps me busy and motivated, and I've started exercising as of last week. I'm on day 10 of my 21 day fix and this morning I weighed myself - I'm officially back in the 140's! 149.9 but still! From 170 I will take it. I'd like to lose another 15 pounds, but I think it would be awesome to lose another 20 or even 25 - I would be so skinny! But I don't know if I REALLY want to be that skinny so...one step at a time. I got beach body on demand for Justin for Christnas and I've been using that program - after 21 day fix I am considering doing 80 day obsession.

In other news, Emmett is binky free! He has graduated beyond his pacifier. Last week we decided it was the right time because we were all adjusted with baby and I didn't want to wait any longer. He went from sleeping 12 hours straight at night and a 3 hour nap (sometimes 3.5-4) to waking in the night and less nap time but now that it's been a week he is getting back with the program. I re-read "Why Gender Matters" which was a great refresher on how to treat boys and girls at different ages, especially in terms of discipline. I do not want to be a wimpy and permissive parent! It's something I have to be constantly thinking of - day in, day out, day over.

We blessed Logan last week and had Justin's family over for burgers that Sunday. We had our yard done and bought hanging plants which really make our house look so fabulous. I love it!




Emmett likes to come sit in my lap these days - so cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment