Monday, August 29, 2016

One Month

Yesterday my baby turned one month old. Oh my heart! He has outgrown a few newborn outfits, but for the most part he is still in newborn clothes. I broke out a few 0-3 month clothes this morning that I think he's ready for. Our baby is a cutie! At church yesterday, our friends The Christensens got home from their 10 months of traveling. Aaron mentioned how he hadn't seen Emmett yet and I said, "You should, he's beautiful!" to which he replied, "That's what I've heard!" ha! I love that. Emmett is our beautiful boy!



Love that gut
Smiles! He has recently outgrown these pajamas #crying

This boy likes to explode from both ends. Feeding him is crazy town. I might as well take all my clothes off before feeding him - I definitely take all his off! Circumstances allowing ;)

Last weekend the Roses got together for the annual Fantasy Football Draft. Thank the heavens, the family finally gave in to my pleadings to NOT join the league this year. After years of faking my team (Justin basically set it up every week and told me if I lost or not), I get to watch the family feuding from the sidelines. My favorite part of the league was my team's name - The Chudley Cannons - bonus points if you know where I got the name! Spoiler- it's Ron Weasley's favorite quidditch team. #potterhead

Emmett had his one month appointment with the doctor. He had his first vaccination with more to follow next month. He is 10 pounds 8 oz and 22 1/2 inches! So in a month he's gained more than two pounds so I'm really happy he's doing so well. This babe is a-growin!

I thought I'd feel twinges of jealousy, remorse, and other negative emotions when it was time for school to start. I was thinking I'd be missing going back. Teachers are back at work this week  and kids go back next week - and I am SO HAPPY that I am not having any of those feelings at all! Perhaps they'll come later, but I'm glad that with all the "back to school" news in my face, I have no desire to go back to school myself! Emmett is my world. I took this sweet picture this morning - love!
Meanwhile here are all the videos I've taken and not yet posted. 
baby sounds

making noises in his sleep :)
tummy time


1 comment:

  1. Oh the videos!!!!!!! My favorite! He is so cute I could die! In the video of him swaddled in blue he reminds me of Corbin! Something about the eyebrows! Babies are the best- so happy he is finally here!

    ReplyDelete