Monday, April 11, 2016

Baby Shower

This last weekend I traveled to Boise for my family baby shower. My sister Mitzi offered to throw me a shower, so I agreed to fly out at the start of our spring break.

Thursday when the 2:15 bell rang I kicked my kids out, locked my door, and got myself to the airport. I checked  an empty bag to carry all my goods home in for the flight back from Idaho. I saw two other teacher friends at the airport flying to Maui, HI so that was fun to see them. Six of seven teachers peaced-out early for spring break. I was nervous about getting in trouble because I left without a sub, and for no good reason other than I wanted to get out of school early - but Friday morning it magically worked out that I had a sub. Booya! I was nervous about my flight because I was congested all week with a cold and sore throat. I thought for sure I'd blow an ear drum, but I drugged up enough that I only had mild discomfort while we landed in Boise. My teacher friend Casey gave me some essential oils to use in case my ears hurt. I figured, why not? Boy did I become a believer. While waiting for Mitzi at the airport, I applied just a bit of crazy voo-doo oil next to my ears and almost instantly the pain was gone. Whaaaat? I don't even know what kind it was but I will definitely be getting some of that for myself. Mitzi graciously picked me up from the airport and hosted me the whole weekend. That night we watched [the edited version of] Pretty Woman.

Friday Mitzi and I hung out all day. We went for a walk in the morning, then got ready and had breakfast at Kneaders. It was amazing! Best breakfast I think I've ever had. We ran errands and did a little shopping - I found the cutest maternity top at Ross which was fun! Mitzi got some cute summer clothes for herself. We took a nice nap in the afternoon, made fish tacos for dinner, and went to a reception that night. I also convinced Mitzi to get an ice cream cone at Delsa's which was most delicious. After that I drove over to Gabe's to enjoy his evening fire with whoever decided to show up. Those kind of memories with my family are my favorite - just hanging out around the fire visiting. I stayed until midnight and drove back to Mitzi's for the night.

Saturday morning I agreed to help babysit Gabe's kids so Gabe, Keaton, Dad, and whoever else wanted to could go golfing. Amanda helped babysit too, and by "helped" I mean she did all the work while I visited with Trisha and Mom until they went to help Mitzi set up for the shower. 1 o'clock came and Amanda and I joined the party. Mitzi had us play two baby shower games and then I got to open my gifts. We had amazing food as well - we enjoyed eating and talking all afternoon until Mom, Amanda, and Trisha left for home. We had pizza at the park for dinner. That night we tried to pick a new movie to watch but settled on 500 Days of Summer - always a good choice.


Trisha and Jory won the two games so they got the prizes

So happy so many sisters could come! Getting to see Amanda and Trisha was an extra special treat since they are on the other side of Idaho and it's not often they come to Boise.



The most amazing climbing tree I've ever seen!
 Ryan was chasing ducks around; I thought it was so cute!

Sunday at church I helped Mitzi teach her primary lesson to her crazy 10/11 year olds. Yikes I'm glad I have 16 year olds to teach in my calling - those girls are a handful. I helped keep the girls quiet so Mitzi was able to give a decent lesson while the primary president observed. She drove me back to the airport for me to fly home after that.

I say this every time, but I feel like this was one of my favorite trips home. I love to see all my family and spend time with them. This will be the last time in a long time that I see everyone so easily, so I am really grateful I got to spend at least some time with the majority of the Beal family. I got home in time for our last youth conference meeting. This week is going to go by way too fast as we get everything ready. Pray for us to have decent weather!

Our stake got new ward boundaries while I was gone. I feel like most of the friends I've made in my ward are now in a different ward, but I'm excited about all the new people we'll be getting from another ward.

Here are the blossoms on our trees from last week - they are already gone and the leaves surrounding our house have returned! I love our house in the summer - it is so beautiful.


April 1, 2016

April 11, 2016


I got these flowers for free from random people walking down our street - awesome!

Our wisteria is coming back!



No comments:

Post a Comment