Monday, December 21, 2015

Star Wars

I made it! I survived! I can hardly believe it! HALLALUJAH! Two weeks of freedom from - as my sister in-law puts it - mini-Compton. It's a Christmas miracle I didn't swear at or slap any of the crazies we liberally call 'students.' Christmas break is ON and it is on BIG TIME. For example, I've already got my Netflix on with 'High School Musical 2' on in the background. And you KNOW I'm singing along. I plan on baking bread and rolls all day today. #winning.

Last week Justin and I went to see Star Wars. We ate at a nice Mexican food place beforehand. I bought the two of us sweaters to wear for the occasion, and we've pretty much been wearing them every day since. The movie was great, but what was even better was realizing how much Harrison Ford looks like Dad! Mind BLOWN! I always thought my parents look like movie stars - now I know it's actually true.

Saturday Justin's family came over and we decorated Christmas cookies.
I am so excited for this week. I am making Mom's Christmas Eve dinner, and if I get the ice cream maker I asked for (hint hint husband...there's still time...), I am making Dad's homemade strawberry ice cream! I got up early today and hit Winco before any crowds and got everything I'll need. I am ready for the holidays which means no dealing with crowds or traffic for me! I mailed out our Christmas cards this morning so people will probably get them after Christmas - oh well. Merry Christmas everyone! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment