Sunday, December 13, 2015

Month in Review

It's amazing all the things that can happen in one month. After my last post, that Friday I took the Red Eye to Boise. Gabe graciously picked me up along with Chase and Rachel. We stayed the night with him and drove over early the next morning for Grandma's funeral. It was great to see all my siblings and a lot of aunts and uncles. Her funeral was very good - Aunt Karen, Dad, and Uncle Doug spoke and we had songs by all the grandchildren and great-grandchildren. The rest of the weekend we hung around Mom's house Beal style meaning lots of food and lots of chatting/laughter. I sure do love my great big family :)

The next weekend we finally made the plunge to buy a replacement car from the car accident. Unfortunately our car was declared totaled so we got a measly $200 to scrap it for parts. But, we now have a reliable 2014 Toyota Camry that will last us for several years.

For Thanksgiving, Justin and I flew to Boise and drove across with Chase and Rachel for a week in Arco. We LOVED it! Mitzi joined us for the holiday and Trisha made it out for the day on Friday. We helped Mom get the food ready on Thanksgiving and had our meal at 11:30 - we were ready for it! And it's lovely eating leftovers for dinner just a few hours later :) Mitzi brought a couple fun movies, and Thanksgiving night we played a roaring game of Rage. I loved just hanging out and resting the whole week - I certainly needed it! Chase and Rachel did their gender reveal and we found they're having a boy! Sooo fun. Saturday Chase and my dad went ice fishing while the rest of us chilled out and put up Christmas decorations.





Since then I have been in survival mode until Christmas break. We've had three teachers quit (two of them just a few weeks apart from each other), and our building is so bad it's nearly impossible to get a sub. I tried to schedule a day off for work relief, but because I didn't get a sub I had to cancel it. One. More. Week. I can do this!

Justin got his Senior promotion at work. His goal was to make Senior within a year, and he got his promotion at the end of October. Nice job love! The two of us have been called to run the stake youth conference for next year, and Justin just got called to the Young Men's program...church is keeping us busy.

In other news, our house is undergoing a few new makeovers. Justin bought me a new kitchen table for Christmas, and it came early because he got it off Craigslist. The placement of the table is currently on hold, however, because Justin is redoing our kitchen cabinets. I think Mitzi's kitchen project inspired him to finally just do it. We are almost done with the top half of all our cabinets. This week we hope to finish the rest.





2 comments:

  1. wow! Looks amazing! Kelsey - your employment situation makes me feel lucky for getting punched in the face by benett every day :)

    ReplyDelete