Saturday, October 31, 2015

Our Hectic Halloween

Wow...it has been a whirlwind of a week...So happy it's the weekend!

Wednesday morning on my way to school I was in a car accident. It happened at an intersection just a few blocks away from my school. So frustrating. Our car was towed away, and we're using a rental for the next week. The other car involved is a company use car, and since they are still investigating liability, that means we still don't know which insurance is going to cover what. What that means for us is we're having to pay for everything out of pocket and save our receipts, hopefully to get reimbursed later. It's a mess, but it's not THAT big of a mess. I was wearing my seatbelt, the car appears to only have body work damage (though we haven't looked under the hood yet...still at the towing company parking lot), and to my knowledge the other car didn't have too much damage. At least it shouldn't...it was twice as big as our car! The police officers were awesome - one of them ended up revealing he was LDS. He basically took one look at me and asked if I was Mormon. Ha! Yep! Love that. A teacher gave me a ride to school and I ended up only missing the first five minutes of 1st period. I am so grateful I was blessed with protection! The accident could have been a lot worse and we have faith this will all be okay. The majority of my students were extra-nice to me that day, so I milked that for all it was worth!
To make the day that much more eventful, at school I had a first: a student blatantly telling me I was mother f-ing stupid and that I should f-off. Wow. These kids are crazy. And that was about the 30th f-bomb dropped on me that day. A true record! After school we heard that Laura's water may have broken...oh my word! So we packed an overnight bag and transported Rocky to Jon and Laura's house to spend the night with Clara. Baby Eleanor was born that night around 10:00. It was quite the Wednesday!
Upon grading our most recent test, I found this cute note among written responses. Love my kiddos!
Thursday Justin and I did some last-minute shopping for the ward Halloween party on Friday. As soon as school was out on Friday I headed to the church. We had so much help and it turned out great! Major props to Justin - he organized the majority of everything. We had a costume contest and pumpkin carving contest. We had carnival games, face painting, a photo booth, soup potluck, and door-to-door trick or treating. Justin and I dressed up as Russel and Kevin from "Up." Almost everyone came dressed in costume which made it so fun. Everyone seemed to have a good time. Now I'm grateful it's over, and we can enjoy a quiet weekend!
We did door-to-door trick or treating to simplify. I didn't want people to be responsible to decorate a whole room, and I didn't want trunk or treating done out in the rain. We had about 20 doors for the kids to visit. It worked out great :)
Our photo booth
Cute decorations - thank you committee!

Behold my post-car accident, flu-infested demeanor. Definitely some tired eyes in this picture. Happy Halloween!
We just love our Rocky boy!

A classroom selfie from last week because #whynot

No comments:

Post a Comment