Thursday, June 4, 2015

Memorial Day and Moving

For Memorial Day, Justin and I hung out with his parents and Joe up in Silverdale. We had lunch and played frisbee golf. I failed to take pictures but it was a great time!

Last weekend we moved out of our apartment. The closing date on our house is June 11th, and we didn't want to hash out another $1,000 of rent when it costs money to break a rental contract anyway. Jon and Laura graciously offered to have us in their home for the in-between time. Jon helped us move all our boxes and furniture into the moving truck, then Justin's parents showed up and they all loaded our stuff into a storage unit while I finished cleaning the apartment. This will be the 4th move for us, so we are basically professionals. ;) But it feels SO GOOD! Because lesbehonest, $1,000 for a 700 square-foot 1 bedroom apartment is crazy. June 11th come quickly!

All this moving has come at a perfect time, as I've recently heard about and looked into that crazy Japanese tidying book. It's called "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up." I used some of her methods while we were packing and it felt great! I'm excited to implement all her strategies when we move into our new space.

I've been substitute teaching a few days here and there. My director came out to Idaho for a wedding from Virginia, and she flew up here for a day to work with me. Again, I failed to take pictures!

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment