Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Vegas Trip

Two weeks ago Justin and I went to the new avengers movie compliments of free tickets (woot!) and I went to a girls night with my MK girl friend Suzanne: two things I wanted to be sure to document :)


3D glasses oh yeah!
Last week I visited Las Vegas and all the lovely people that live there! I stayed with my very best girl friend Rachel and her family. It was so generous of them and so super awesome for me because I love her and I love her family so so much! Thursday morning after our traditional green smoothie, we went for a long walk and gabbed for at least and hour and a half. We went out to do some shopping with the goal of finding the perfect wall flower scent for her house. It's pretty difficult when she could hardly smell any of them! Ha! We went to Cafe Rio for lunch which was sooooo amazing (no Cafe Rio where we live folks...I hate it!) and then I picked up my rental car to surprise my students with an after-school visit! I didn't see many of them, but the looks on their faces was priceless! MRS ROSE!!!! Haha, best thing ever.
Carson looks just like his grandpa! Love these people!
I made sure to book an appointment with Erin to cut my hair while I was in town. She is seriously the best at hair. She got a million referrals from me after she first did my hair, and she told me she still shows people my before and after if they're ever hesitant about doing something similar. I wish I could take her to Washington with me. ;) After my hair appointment I went to the last band concert for the year and got to sit by the grandparents of one of my old students. We talked before the concert and it was so fun! They might be a little older than Mom and Dad, names Dick and Jane (I know, right?) and we became great friends! Dick kept saying, "Jane, I don't think we can let her go back to Washington alone...we need to go there with her!" Ha! So fun. Then Carson's mom Dianna and her daughter joined us and she gave me a big hug and a big thank you saying what a difference I made for her son...wow! I almost cried! So so so so sweet! I met a lot of parents of old students that night and practically every one said, "He/she misses you." It would appear I made quite the impression! I feel great about it.  It was awesome. Love my kiddos!







Friday I spent the day as a guest in my old classroom. It was really awesome to see everyone again, teachers included. So many of them asked me, "Are you glad you got out when you did?" Not including the teachers and counselors who have left already, there are 26 teachers leaving for different schools next year. 26! Wowza. BUT I'm grateful I got to see my classes again. After school we played Ultimate and then I chaperoned the 8th grade dance. Everyone was happy happy happy.
Swagmeister ;)





So I am a total dork and wrote a song for my classes before I left. That video is here:




Then I decided we just HAD to do a remix, so here was what I did on Friday:


I know! Nerd alert! But I just can't help myself.

Saturday I hung out with Rachel all day until it was time to fly home. I love her to death and I learn so much from her! She and I have one of those friendships that is so natural and completely mutual. Love her to death and I can't wait to see her next time!

In other news, we move all our belongings into a storage unit this week! We'll shack up with Justin's brother for two weeks until we close on the house and then move again. Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment