Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spring Break

This week was Clark County school district spring break and what a needed break it was. There are three and a half weeks left of my student teaching and I am so ready to be done. I spent most of my week going to the nearby rec center to swim every morning and teaching lessons with the sister missionaries.

Wednesday I went crazy and spent the entire day cleaning. I deep cleaned EVERYTHING and it felt awesome! My diligence inspired Justin is some way because when he got home we went shopping and he bought a ton of new shirts at Kohls (he NEVER buys clothes for himself) and we also got new pillows and a mattress pad. We are that much closer to finishing the bed...we can't find a bed frame or a box spring anywhere! And I've killed one too many giant spiders in our apartment as of late so the sooner we get off the floor, the better. I called my mom last week and told her that when we finally get a box spring and bed frame this will be the first time in our MARRIAGE that our bed will be off the floor. #gazelleintense 

Thursday I got my hair done again. I didn't think she put enough blonde in the last time so she agreed to do it again. I like it much better now! I also went to the mall and spent the rest of my birthday money and giftcards. I love that! Friday I put in a Mary Kay order - the first one in months! During the summer I'm going to work my business in this area and see what I can do. Justin and I watched "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and we quite liked it though I wouldn't necessarily recommend it...we are pretty hard up for entertainment over here. 

Saturday we exercised in the morning and then got ready for a baptism. We were put in charge so we went down two hours early to set up and there were wedding decorations up in the relief society room where the baptismal font was! Luckily the wedding was over so we could clean it up and there were no problems. The gal that got baptized is about my age with a two year old and she's been attending a different ward for 8 months! So we hope she acclimates to our ward okay. Justin conducted the meeting and I had an opportunity to bear my testimony. It was cool that she was baptized this weekend because of the symbolism of baptism and the resurrection of Christ. 

We went to Target after the baptism and then went to The District which is like the glorified version of Hemming Village in Rexburg. You can walk around all these different shops and restaurants and there's  no street for cars so you just walk around. It has a really fun atmosphere. We look forward to eating at the restaurants in the future! 

For Easter I made Mom's Sunday dinner - yum! We had sirloin tip roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, green jello, and I made strawberry pretzel dessert. Our Easter sacrament service was really nice. Justin and I taught Gospel Principles and showed the "Because of Him" video. I absolutely love that video! It is so inspiring. The music is awesome and the message of Christ is powerful and true. 

That was pretty much our Easter weekend and my spring break. I am so excited to go home to Arco this weekend for our annual girl's weekend. I miss Idaho. I miss Idaho air and water and weather. And I haven't seen my family in forever so I'm excited! Until next time!
Highlights! It took four hours...
Las Vegas Sun
We got some self-serve fro-yo at The District - YUM!
Sportin' our new Target looks
Stuffed French Toast with Strawberries - YUM!
We LUUUURRRRV each other 
Sunday Dinner!



#nofilter #noshame
Happy Easter! #becauseofHim

No comments:

Post a Comment