Sunday, April 6, 2014

General Conference Weekend

Wow...what an inspiring General Conference weekend we just had! Justin and I watched most of the sessions at the stake center with the missionaries, other ward missionaries, and an investigator from our ward. I loved the talks so much. I took pages and pages of notes. Sunday morning session was especially inspirational to me. I'm so grateful for living prophets who guide us in these latter days!

Friday night Justin and I attended the temple with our ward for ward temple night. Tuesday and Saturday night I went to teach with the sister missionaries. We have new assignments as ward missionaries for people to visit. We really love our calling and our ward! 

Girl's basketball open gym last week went well-ish. I didn't have as many girls attending as I would have liked so I'm still trying to recruit. Today, however, I had a great turn out and some of my students came even though they are guys. It's been fun! This week our school is doing a "Students vs. Staff" basketball game that I'm playing in and I'm so excited! I've been talking trash to my students all week. 

We are scheduled to get our tax return this week and thanks to Justin's accounting skills we are going to get a nice one! Woot! 

This week Justin's brothers and Keaton get to come visit us and we are going to the Grand Canyon. I've been reading "Over the Edge: Death in Grand Canyon" for the trip. I've read about people dying from dehydration, drownings, flash floods and literally falling off the edge in the canyon. It's so interesting but slightly unnerving as we are visiting at the end of the week...  But we are very excited to have family come down and we can't wait!

That's pretty much our update. Nothing new has really happened. I'm teaching about earth history right now and the students are doing month-long CRT testing so nothing exciting there. Student teaching is way too long in my opinion and I'm totally over it. Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment