Sunday, October 20, 2013

Baby Shower in Boise

This weekend Trisha and I decided to head to Boise to attend Mitzi's baby shower. The timing was great because Gabe and Christy happened to be celebrating Gabe and Bennett's birthdays with the annual "Soups and Sweaters" gathering. At the last minute I called Keaton and asked if he wanted to tag along, so he and I drove over Friday afternoon. 

It's time that the white Mazda be returned to its rightful owner: the Mazda Protege started with Hart and Jory long ago. It was then passed to Mitzi and Scott until it was passed to Keaton and me for our highschool car, then passed to Chase for his college car, and then passed back to me as my college car. It's served Justin and me for our first year of marriage, but we know it wouldn't survive while we're in Vegas next year, so it was time for an upgrade!

That upgrade came two weeks ago with this:
2004 Grand Prix -- Chrome paint

We love it! We love having bright lights, air conditioning and heating without the "side effects," automatic transmission, and so much more! Overall I feel much safer driving in it. Now when we make long trips I won't be so nervous. Love it!

So Keaton and I drove the Mazda to Boise to return to Hart for Brynn to drive. Crazy! All day Saturday Hart, Jory, and Brynn worked a miracle on the appearance. It looks great!

Friday night when we got to Boise we went straight to Gabe's for soup, bread, and cake. Yum! Gabe had a fire in the backyard and a full house of family from the Beals to the Crandalls. Thanks Gabe for the party!

Saturday morning was Mitzi's baby shower. Christy knows of a cute coffee place downtown called "Big City Coffee." It was busy busy but the food was worth the wait! I had the Ciabatta Bread sandwich with eggs (and lots of them!), bacon, and cheese. To die for! I got Mitzi some Mary Kay product for my gift, naturally, and everyone else got her some cute baby stuff! We hit the mall and then went our separate ways. In the afternoon I did some homework and also went with Jory as Brynn practiced driving her new car. Jory made fabulous pulled pork sandwiches for us for dinner - yum!

That night Trisha,  Keaton, and I went to Mitzi's for some apple crisp with caramel and vanilla ice cream dessert. Best thing ever! It was fun to visit with Mitzi for a few hours. Next time I see her she'll have a new baby boy! Crazy.

Sunday morning first thing Jory fed us delicious breakfast casserole and Trisha, Keaton, and I drove home. We stopped at Mom and Dad's house for Sunday dinner on the way through -- delicious! Thanks again Mom for having us! It was a long day of driving, but I'm finally home! It was such a fun weekend. It is so good to be home with my husband who has now lost 4 inches off his waist and 10 pounds! Amazing. Love him!

Last bit of news: school is fine. It's going better than I thought it would so I took up another tutoring position to bring in a little more money. I'm in a teaching practicum class and I've been promoted to teaching in the Ecology classroom at the Junior High. I worded it wrong on facebook and made it sound like I got hired there...whoops. Oh well! I'm not getting paid, but I am teaching in the ecology classroom in November for my last time teaching before Las Vegas. My teacher Brother Benitez says I'm doing very well compared to my peers and he's actually had some of them come in and observe ME. Awesome. So life is good and we are doing well! Now we need to think of a really clever Halloween couple costume...we'll see what we come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment