Monday, May 28, 2012

HIKING!

For Memorial Day, my FHE group got together and hiked "R Mountain" AKA the north Menan Butte. We got up at 4 this morning. I made french toast and breakfast potatoes, wrapped them in tin foil, put plates, forks, and the food in my backpack and we hit the road around 4:45. We got to the base of the butte at 5 and started hiking. The idea was to get to the top in time for the sun to rise. When we got up there, we were basically in a cloud, and the horizon was blocked by clouds anyway, so we pulled out our food and had breakfast together! Tyler made eggs and I provided the french toast and potatoes. We had quite the feast! I was LOVING every second of the butte. I was getting a kick out of all the basalt everywhere. In geology we've been talking about volcanoes, so it was sweet to look around and know what everything was/meant/ and how it formed! SWEEEET! At one point I gave everyone a mini lesson...everyone was getting a kick out of my excitement.

Other than that, not much is going on! Last week was pretty chill. No tests, just normal school. I've got four exams this week, and I'm leaving for the grand canyon for my REQUIRED geology field trip on THURSDAY so...lots to do! I've still got to buy my rock hammer...but yes, it will be an adventure you will all have to read about later. Until then--peace!


breakfast of champions!


best friends!



not my boyfriend in case you were wondering




1 comment:

  1. Fun pictures. I've never been to the Grand Canyon, although I've sort of driven past.

    ReplyDelete