Sunday, November 1, 2020

Happy Halloween

Well I must have jinxed myself in my last post because Logan started crawling out of his crib at bedtime and naptime so we graduated him to the bunk beds with Emmett. Now we're a couple days in and he's managed to stay in the bed and not bother Emmett too much. Thursday night after I put them to bed I heard Emmett saying, "Logan, I'm trying to sleep...please go to sleep." 😂 I also hear the kids saying goodnight to all their possessions: "Goodnight dinosaurs, goodnight paw patrol, goodnight Logan, goodnight owl...now go to sleep." 💓
My kids got tons of candy this year. We went to the library Wednesday and they had a prepared Halloween bag for each of my kids. Thursday at preschool the kids got to wear their costumes and the fire department came in honor of the letter "F." Emmett LOVED that with his fire fighter costume and even got a little extra attention. Arco also had their trick-or-treating down main street that day. They asked people to drive their cars which kept everyone social distanced. Justin was a rebel though and wanted to walk so we walked up and down the street with our kids.

Tired bub!
Emmett's preschool teacher sent me this picture 😍


This business was all decked out as the Wizard of Oz - another favorite was a business dressed up as the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus. Bravo!
Friday Justin took the kids to the Drive In for a free Halloween ice cream cone. The Drive In stayed open SO late this year! It was amazing - they have the best fries ever. And finally Saturday was the ward Trunk-or-Treat. They served soup and asked everyone to wear a mask. I let the kids go around and around as many times as they wanted. Then they wanted to sit in the car with me and help give candy to the other kids which was cute. 



We trick-or-treated to Mom's after the trunk or treat and finished the night watching Hocus Pocus while the kids ate their candy. I told them the Tooth Fairy has two purposes: the second of which is to come on Halloween night and steal away all the candy that hasn't been eaten. Heaven knows they got enough candy all week!
In other news, I washed the couch cushions because the kids were drooling so much chocolate on them and they needed some attention. I also binge-watched two Netflix originals that beat watching The Office reruns: Virgin River and Sweet Magnolias - in case anyone needs to change things up like me.

Say "Hocus Pocus!" 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment