Sunday, April 12, 2020

Stay at Home Part II and III: Conference and Easter!

The week leading up to General Conference was COLD over here. It snowed twice! We were feeling the cabin fever. Between Justin and me, we baked four different desserts (cupcakes, pretzels, chocolate chip cookies, and cinammon rolls)! My friend Chelsie Pence (Pope) brought cold-weather entertainment to share. The kids used toothpicks to scrape these coloring pages. It was a rough week to get through.

But Conference Weekend did not disappoint. Wow, Justin and I both said we felt the spirit more this conference than ever before. I loved all the talks so much - I cried during President Nelson's talk at the end. Emmett told me, "Don't cry mama!" Hahaha...I told him, "I'm crying because I'm happy!"

The week leading up to Easter was a complete opposite - the most beautiful weather so far this year! Two days in a row we had 60 degree weather. It was pure heaven. This weekend has been cold and windy again.

We used the weather to get the garden started. We've got two and a half rows planted. In May we'll do 2-3 more rows and then do as much corn as we think we can stand. Mom came and gave me enough starts to fill both my flower beds! She's a total life-saver. I'm texting her constantly to ask for gardening advice.

I did the six days of Easter from the "Don't Miss This" youtube people. I don't think I've ever loved Easter more than this year. By taking the time each day to focus on a character in the Bible who had a special encounter with Jesus Christ, it led to a beautiful build-up for today. While we did our home-centered church I had a few tender moments. While reading scriptures to the kids I started crying - it made Logan sympathy cry! I have a glowing testimony of Jesus Christ - He is Risen!

Emmett just looooves his kitty


Thanks for the new shirts Grandma and Grandpa Rose

Preschool activities with Emmett







scraping the coloring pages




more preschool activities

We've had the same books checked out from the library for quite a while - we read the same pirate treasure hunt book every night. So I decided to make a treasure map for Emmett. I hid the pieces around the yard that he had to hunt down. 

















Emmett painted the yellow circle and I helped him glue the sun beams




I went for a walk with Mom and Emmett fell asleep! 

Conference cinammon rolsl 



Emmett snagged these pictures of me while watching conference







It rained Tuesday - the goods news: it was warm enough to rain!





Justin filling in mice holes in the yard

The boys "going fishing"


I dug up both flower beds on Tuesday to get them ready for flowers. 













Emmett loves checking the mail every day


planting the garden Wednesday night with the fam














My Six Days of Easter poster and banner - I filled in a picture for each day with its meaning.







We went for a picnic with Mom and Dad to start our fast on Thursday. We didn't want to go all the way to the hotsprings so we stopped to eat next to the river about 30 minutes north of Howe.


Our friend Leo Hernandez sent us one of his fly fishing hats


working on the Easter poster









We did a mini-Easter egg hunt with the kids. The wind was TERRIBLE. They were good sports.




I baked my first cheesecake! I also made funeral potatoes and we had a ham. My diet was 50% sour cream today.



 Happy Easter from the Roses




No comments:

Post a Comment