Sunday, March 22, 2020

Happy Birthday

Like I said in my last blog - we got totally dumped on last week! It snowed something crazy Friday night, at least 6" probably more. It mostly melted off, but then snowed again Saturday night and it was more like 8" come Sunday morning, then off and on all day. The power kept going in and out all day.

Butter chicken - it's a favorite over here.



Saturday morning









Saturday afternoon

Sunday morning


I love that they're making the same face here



Jesus wants me for a Sun....BEAM!

BEAM! Logan nails it every time











"Idaho is basically one giant park" - Ben Wyatt
Yes indeed Ben, yes indeed

Well, social distancing in Arco is par for the course. It's life per usual over here, with Emmett's preschool being cancelled as the only change. Luckily, I've been practicing grocery shopping by the month for three months now, so I'm feeling prepared and like we really won't need to go to the store (except for milk and produce) until May. I'm praying that all these measures will amount to some progress by then. I tend to see life glass-half-full, so I'm thinking...over the curve by the end of May? Pretty please? Because we live out here, I'm able to stay ultra-chill about everything. I watch the news minimally and have stayed off social media for the most part. I'm watching what the church has to say and Dave Ramsey 🤣 unfortunately, Dave is also an optimist, so we both could be wrong.

Monday was the last day of school for Butte and the last day of track practice until April 13th. I send my track kids track workouts they can do on their own if they are feeling ambitious. With no track meets, I'm creating lifting workouts for them to do too. We'll see who cares enough to do any of it.🤣 Monday I also got my hair done and I'm loving it!












goin' for a bike ride with the necklaces they made (Okay...I made Logan's, clearly)







Friday was my birthday and Justin had a surprise for me each day of the week for my birthday week. Monday it was roses (I LOVE getting flowers), Tuesday it was a Snickers (this man knows me), Wednesday I got a new shirt and Thursday a new dress. Friday Mom brought me funeral potatoes and chocolate cake. I saved some busy work around the house for me to do to have a fulfilling and productive day - including giving all my boys haircuts with new clippers. I finaly got the point-tip cutting down and man, I've never done a better job. I even got to go for a walk with Mom - and we stayed 6ft away from each other 💪 I watched Divergent (AKA, Hunger Games 2.0) and while I was watching, a mouse ran under the coffee table! Oh HECK to the NO!! I called Justin in and we worked together to kill it. He managed to run under the piano, back under the coffee table, into a closet, and almost got away from the closet before Justin hockey-shot him across the room and into a wall. I thought he was dead but it must've only knocked him out because I brought Hobbs in to eat him and he suddenly sprang awake and made another dash for it. After a few choice swear words I finally killed him for good. Happy birthday to me!


birthday breakfast - French toast with strawberries and whipped cream

new hair 💗 more blonde and shorter in the back but still mostly the same


the kids built a train - it entertained all morning!







Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were really nice days. Almost all the snow is gone. We spent a lot of time outside with the kids. I love reading from my phone while they play and I just look up every once to make sure they're both within eyesight. I'M SO GRATEFUL for the room they have to roam free, explore and play. THIS is what I wanted for my kids when we decided to move and I'm feeling so so so so grateful. God Bless Idaho! We used the fair weather on Saturday to clear out the shed. Today was also lovely. We went for a walk in the morning before starting our home-centered church. In the afternoon the kids spent more time playing on the back porch.



Justin made green eggs and ham for us this morning (we're on the color unit in the preschool currirulum I use at home).


Logan reading with Justin


Justin built an obstacle course for the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment