Tuesday, December 3, 2019

A November to Remember


Phew! We made it through November. Barely. We finally got moved into our rental on the 22nd (only 21 days late). The place still has some work that needs done on it but…nothing we can’t deal with for now. Two weeks ago I came down with a stomach bug that was the worst. Mom ended up taking me to the clinic to make sure I didn't have something bacteria related. My blood work came back clean so I just had to suffer through those 5 days. Justin was traveling for work through most of it so Mom and Dad helped take care of me while he was away. I stayed at their house while ours had the water fixed and it finally got a clean up.
Dad was able to come help clear the last of the brush just in time for the snow - here he leveled out a random hill of gravel and was able to lay in in the driveway.

See the future garden plowed in the background






in this fenced area I plan to have chickens



Emmett's igloo creation from preschool

This is where I hope to either have goats or llamas 









COSTCO!!!!





I got the kids all their winter gear on fb marketplace - I literally picked up Emmett's boots and fluffy coat the day before the big snow


two elves on the shelf










We enjoyed Thanksgiving here in Arco. Wednesday night we had dinner with Mom and Mitzi and dug into the pies. Justin made a lemon cream that was ah-mazing! He also made apple pie – my mom made pumpkin pie and Mitzi brought a lemon cream and two coconut cream pies. Yum! Emmett was SO excited to see his cousins. He played with them downstairs while we watched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.











It snowed all day and night so we woke up on Thanksgiving morning to 10” of snow. I had fun making a train with Emmett and eating pie for breakfast while we waited for the food to be ready. Mom’s food was amazing as always – I had seconds and thirds throughout the day. After the meal we took the kids out sledding. I’ve been looking forward to this for a loooong time with my kids and everyone loved it. Logan was a little apprehensive about the whole thing. We watched The Fighting Preacher with Mom and Dad that afternoon – that movie is based on a mission my great great great uncle and aunt served in Palmyra, NY. Mom gave me to book to read. We have a pretty amazing heritage.
























BLUE winter nights on the Lost River Range


Friday we went sledding again with the kids and that night Chase (who lives in Grandma and Grandpa’s house) organized a volleyball game. The kids played with nursery toys on the stage while the adults played. There were only 5 people who came but we managed to scrimmage a bit and then played two games to 15.

pie for breakfast after Thanksgiving 


the boys love Granny's Christmas tree






Saturday morning Justin woke up feeling ill, and I fell ill shortly thereafter. The kids had both thrown up once (Logan Thursday night, Emmett Friday morning) and we didn’t  think anything of it because they were totally fine (sometimes kids just barf, you know?) but now that Justin was down and out (which he never is) and I was showing symptoms AGAIN after JUST coming off a stomach bug, we started questioning if the amazing Asian meatballs I had made previously were the culprit! But we were wrong because Mom said Dad and Mitzi and Corbin weren't feeling well, and later James and Bonnie reported they also got the bug so....just another round of stomach bug for me. We proceeded to spend our Saturday curled up on the cough/bed taking turns keeping the kids from totally destroying the house/themselves. Justin felt pretty good by evening on Saturday and I was pretty much at my worst at that point. It was a long night for me but Sunday morning I was able to keep liquids in my system and by that night I was feeling well enough to go to choir practice with Mom (the last one before our concert next Sunday). Between the two of us we lost 12 pounds in a 24 hour time period!

We got well just in time because Justin’s brother James and his wife Bonnie (but not well enough not to spread the germs to them...sorry - we thought it was food poisoning!) with their two kids came to Arco for the night on Sunday. They were in Idaho for Thanksgiving with Bonnie’s family and they decided to pay us a visit. Thankfully the water was all turned on and the mice problem under control at that point. The kids did gingerbread trains Sunday night and we watched The Glass Castle. James and Bonnie had never seen it – such a good movie! Such an amazing book!!

Monday morning we went up to the church for the kids to run around while Mom and her group walked. We hung out all morning and I left at noon to get my hair cut. James and Bonnie left right after I got home from my appointment. We enjoyed seeing new baby Nathan and Emmett and Benson got to play. Justin and James are 3rd and 4th of the Rose boys so they’re pretty close – I know Justin enjoyed seeing his brother – and I especially know James enjoyed beating him at HORSE at the church (admittedly - he beat me too).
watching Wall-E














In other news, poor Ginger is no longer with us. I ran her over last week. I still can’t believe it! I was backing out of the driveway and felt an unfamiliar bump – only to see her writhing on the ground a few moments later. My guess is she was maybe napping on one of the tires because when I came out I didn’t see her anywhere. I ran inside and got Justin – we watched her squirm for maybe another minute (I don’t have a gun or I would have just put her out of her misery) and then she was gone. UGH! Poor Ginger girl. In our prayers that night we prayed that she made it to Heaven safely. The kids haven’t really noticed, but when we went to feed the other cat (super fluffy and humongous – name TBD) Emmett said, “No that’s for Ginger!” and today when we fed the cat he asked, “Hey, where’s Ginger?” RIP Ginger you’ll be missed.













In other (good) news – Justin finally got the raise he’s been asking for. It took him leveraging another position that offered him a job in Boise (right after we moved in, mind you) to get it but hey – we’ll take it. I’m excited for him.
such a pretty frosty morning this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment