Sunday, August 25, 2019

Saturday Pick-up in Rexburg

It was a basic week for us - we took the kids to the Drive In before they closed for the season. Justin wasn't impressed with their huckleberry ice cream 🤣 he's too used to blackberry....haters gonna hate😘

Saturday Justin and I went back to our roots and played ultimate frisbee in Rexburg. One of the young women in our Puyallup ward goes to school there now and she watched the kids while we played. It was AMAZING! I was nervous because I haven't played since before having kids - not seriously since we were playing in Vegas. But I do exercise every day, and I was able to keep up with the boys just fine (I was the only girl for the first hour or so). I had two "lay outs" or just clumsily caught catches in the endzone and a couple of sweet assists. Ahhhh....pure bliss. Justin and I couldn't get over how much fun it was. We may need to keep going back while the weather keeps.

After that I took Emmett to the water park and Justin took Logan grocery shopping. It ended up being windy and somewhat cloudy, so Emmett and I did the lazy river the whole time. They had a really awesome kiddie pool but... all that splashing is miserable unless it's HOT. Which, it wasn't. Justin picked us up an hour and a half later and we drove home. Too bad we didn't get any pictures - it was truly a great day.

This week Logan came down with a fever. It started in the afternoon at 103 and persisted until bedtime. He woke up healthy and himself again.🤷















great hair days must be documented and shared😍





When Bri was watching the kids, she took them to the park and underestimated how much Logan loves the water. He got all his clothes soaked and we came home to him in this get up 🤣




I think this river was the culprit to his fever the next day lol...swallowed too much river water, perhaps?

Their Sunday outfits are what I live for! They are so dang cute with their little shorts. Little Newsies boys


After Sacrament I told Emmett to hold Logan's hand. All walking down the hall Emmett was saying, "Logan, you ready to go to nursery?" Oh. My. Word. Justin was able to quickly snap some pictures. Never grow up boys!


Helping make brownies


Today we had a lesson on our bodies are temples and the lesson suggested singing Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes


We got a toy for the kids to play with Ginger. 

It was broken after 24 hours🤣



Both kids are loving Ginger




I was animatedly talking to Justin about who-knows-what and I said "Period in the coversatinon!" and Emmett picked it up - along with "understand me?!" 








Emmett's go-to movie right now is Dumbo




Logan running🤣


1 comment: