Sunday, October 15, 2017

October Update

Last Sunday our stake had new ward boundary changes. 18 months ago we absorbed another ward and this time they split our ward. Last time we lost people but gained some new people: this time we just lost people! They created a new ward in our stake taking many of my friends to the new Woodland ward, but that's okay because now I get to make new friends! Our ward is super old, however...and now it is even older! I think there is one other baby Emmett's age. Sigh. It's like being in Lost River ward, but with more old people lol.

I got a new calling with the changes - hallelujah! No more cub scouts for me! I'll miss doing ward parties, however. We will finish Halloween and then be done, but I'm now serving in the young women. I'm excited for a change, and do you know how awesome it is to have 20+ girls want to hold your baby 3rd hour? Today was my first day and it was great! It won't be too much of a change since I was already committing to Tuesday nights with scouts.

Emmett had a stuffy nose this week. That's been fun! He's had a rough go with sleep, waking up in the middle of the night needing snuggles to go back to sleep. But if I can get him to take his two naps, he usually will sleep fine. He's just been fighting that second nap so yeah - that's been great.

I do a babysitting swap with my friend Miriam - I take Teddy for an hour a week and she takes Emmett. It's fun taking Emmett to their play room. I need to find a way to do this in our house!

So far Emmett's vocabulary consists of:
Up
Hi
Dad
Mom
What's that?
Google
Thank you
He can sign:
Please, more, hot, what/where, and he'll point to whatever item he wants you to give him
He's got two teeth on the bottom with four on top and more coming in the back. 


 new Batman sweater complete with bat ears




No comments:

Post a Comment