Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Ward Halloween Party

Last Tuesday my assistant and I put on the ward Halloween party. Her name is Tilly, and I have loved working with her! Justin took the day to work from home (bless him) so he could help me with set up. The two of us, plus Tilly and her husband basically set the whole thing up ourselves. We had two saints show up to help with decorating with their kids. Emmett had come down with a cough and a rash all over his face, and the rash was beginning to crop up all over his body, so I had Justin take him to the doctor while I got the party started.

amazing trophies Tilly made!






We had soup potluck, a carnival, and trunk-or-treating. Tilly made trophies for costume and trunk decorating winners. We added a caramel apple dipping station and a doughnut-on-a-string station to the carnival this year that were both a hit! We had tons of people participate in the trunk-or-treat, and the weather was rainy all week EXCEPT Tuesday night! It was meant to be. The best part? I was voted the winner for best adult costume!! All night the primary kids would say, "Hi Pikachu!" So fun. We got many compliments, and some said it was the best Halloween party they've attended! #win

I got 4 dozen doughnuts for this stations...they were gone pretty quickly ;)


caramel apple station! I got 20 lbs of honey crisp apples for $20! Total steal - and we got all the leftovers
Poor Emmett--you can see his eye starting to swell up...

 I made Justin's costume - everything except the hat. I sewed white sleeves and a white collar on the blue shirt, sewed yellow trim to the shirt and gloves. 
I made my tutu and yellow shirt - I painted two brown strips on the back




His crocheted hat came just in time!

Poor baby Emmett has had a rough couple of weeks. He's had some kind of crazy allergic reaction and his skin has suffered. I got him to see his doctor and we had some blood work done. His labs will come back in a couple days with an answer. Our happy baby has been totally miserable! Today I finally saw my baby boy start to come back - his sleeping patterns went back to normal, his skin is improving, and he was ALL smiles all day today. When I tell people he's 3 months old, often they will say, "Really? I would have guessed he was older." - he is a chunk! Love him.


3 month stats: he's 13 lbs, 2.5 oz and 25" long

Last weekend we enjoyed family time to celebrate Jon and Eleanor's birthday. Laura threw Eleanor a "Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch" themed 1st birthday bash - so cute! We transitioned to the Hunter's house for Jon's birthday dinner - of BBQ of course! He requested we each bring the best chocolate chip cookie we could muster for him to judge and declare a winner. We blindfolded him and had him guess who made which cookie. He was hilariously 100% correct on all his guesses! I got him the book "Girls on the Edge" (imagine that!) and Justin got him "Rejected Princesses" - a memoir of historical heroines.





We had a quiet Halloween at home and enjoyed the many trick-or-treaters that came from the surrounding neighborhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment