Sunday, August 30, 2015

Teaching: full speed ahead!

Two weeks ago Justin and a couple co-workers went to Boston for some training. He was only gone for two days, but he got to see some historical places like Fennel Hall, Paul Revere's house, Bunker Hill, and where the Boston Tea Party occurred. Nothing noteworthy for the rest of the week except that I enjoyed my last week before reporting for teaching duties.

This last week I had orientation from Auburn school district. It was four long days that I'm glad are over! I got keys to my room, but haven't had time to do anything in there. I have a lot of work to do because the teacher before me left the room a complete mess. But I'm excited to have a room of my own again :):) My rocks will finally have a home!

Wednesday I spent time with Laura in the evening. We had dinner and went to a gal's baby shower in my ward. Friday I had lunch with Judy in Gig Harbor, and that night we went to "PLU" night at the Ranier's. Justin and I went with Jon and Laura and Laura's dad Keith. We had great seats and enjoyed visiting the whole time.

Saturday we had a wild wind storm. The trees here aren't used to that kind of wind. They closed Olympic National Park because huge trees had fallen over. One of the trees behind our house fell over. The power went out and I sat in traffic for over 30 minutes trying to get home (and I was only a few blocks away from our house!). It rained off and on and it looks like rain is the forecast for the next week. I'm not ready for the rain yet! We've had the most glorious summer.

That's all for now! This week I'll be in my room getting things prepped and ready, then school starts after Labor Day! I can't wait :)

My room! Lots of work to be done...

My classroom computer is so old, but thankfully every teacher in the district gets a chromebook this year so I'll be using that for EVERYTHING



Purple and yellow are the school's colors...maybe I can request to have the walls painted blue? Ha!

Lab prep room
The ceiling needs help...

My Sunday School class: I taught them how to use Family Search and they found some names :):)


Five Guys has shakes now!!

The potatoes for our fries came from Rexburg ;)



1 comment:

  1. Im excited for all your rocks to have a new home :) Cant wait to see how you decorate your classroom! Unlike you I despise summer and am FULLY ready for fall. Im busting out boots next week and scarves and apple candles. BRING IT!

    ReplyDelete