Monday, January 20, 2014

Update

Last Monday I took Justin to the eye doctor. His vision has been wiggity-wack lately. Some days he sees better with his glasses (as he should) but other days he sees better without his glasses...considering he's pretty much as blind as Velma, that's saying something. The doctor examined his eyes and determined he has burned cornea!! What? How does that happen? Well, if you don't change your contact solution every single day, gunk will build up in your old solution and "with age" (age? he's 25 years young doc!) our immune systems deteriorate and our eye balls can't fight the stuff anymore, resulting in  damaged cornea. I, of course, being the wife know he doesn't change his solution like he should. Well he didn't listen to me...hopefully he will listen to the doctor. Isn't that always how it goes? Love you sugar! She gave him some special eye drops and we have a follow up appointment today. We'll see if anything else is going on.

Up until Tuesday we were going without heat but Tuesday was the day for the gas man to come in and fix us up! They told us to expect him between 7 and noon....that seemed like a weird window, but I wasn't judging. I wanted a hot shower! So I anxiously awaited the gas man to come....and he didn't come all day! What the heck? They didn't show up until 4 o'clock, and it took less than five minutes. What the heck dude? It was annoying because I couldn't go anywhere all day because I had to wait on him. If I had any bit of my sister in-law Rachel's spirit in me, I would have demanded they put it in free of charge and to have the rest of the month free for their inconsideration! Oh well.

Wednesday we did some furniture shopping at some thrift stores. Right now we're getting an idea of what kind of comforter we eventually want to get. You can find surprisingly stylish stuff at places like Ross and Kohls. We hit both and walked through the HUGE mall on Sunset Drive. That was fun, but man...talk about taking a quitting alcoholic to the bar...I haven't gone shopping for myself in AGES and seeing all my favorite stores was tantalizing! No, agonizing! But I am gazelle intense! We have been sitting on the floor for crying out loud! One of our camping chairs broke, so when we're both home we both feel guilty for sitting in the only chair so we both sit on the floor. It's getting old fast. We did see a $35 couch at Savers but how are we supposed to get it home without a pickup? #marriedproblems
This is our debt motivation board I made. It has quotes all over it including from Dave Ramsey to keep us motivated! I'm also trying to convince Justin to let us attend Financial Peace University classes. 
crouching works too...


We went to Dunkin' Donuts for my first time ever. I love that I grew up in a small town because now I have so many "firsts" to experience! We got a call to speak in church on Sunday. We finally got the ok to put nails in the walls so we put up all our pictures. Friday night we pulled our air mattress out to the front room and watched Netflix all night. Saturday I had my student teaching orientation meeting at 9:30. They gave us the same lecture as always..."You represent BYU-Idaho! Look professional! Be on time! Be dependable!" My first day is tomorrow and I teach until May 14th. I spoke to my supervisor today and she said she's never seen a student teacher who wanted to get a job not get a job here, so I'm excited about the possibilities to teach next fall.

My friend Christine and I went to the orientation together and we both realized we don't have sufficient "teacher clothes" to get us through the semester, so our gracious husbands gave us the go and we went shopping for teacher clothes! Huzzah! That was a lot of fun so we spent all day Saturday looking for the best deals. That night Justin and I spent the evening perfecting our talks. Sunday morning we did the same thing. We got to church 20 minutes early because we wanted to be sure to have plenty of time before church started. We got inside and found the program to read the following:

What's that? No "Sister Rose" and "Brother Rose" on the program? I asked Justin "Did they say it was for this Sunday?" We just assumed that if they call you on a Thursday to speak, they mean for the next Sunday. Oh well, we thought, it must be for next week...and then our wheels started turning. Oh no...the guy that called us to speak...I remembered his voice...it was the clerk from our old ward on Tropicana Avenue!!! We were asked to speak in the Tropicana Ward that day, and we weren't even in that ward!! When we realized the mistake we felt awful. How awkward was that sacrament meeting? Can you imagine? Well we will never know because we realized the mistake at 1 PM and their church is at 9 AM! Whoops! An honest mistake...we felt terrible but it makes for a very funny story. Next time you get asked to speak in church, be sure to confirm which ward you've been asked to speak in!

Sunday night we had game night with the Brooks. We love having friends close! We ate cookies and popcorn and had a good game of Settlers which Christine dominated! I did terrible, but that's okay. We are in the works to plan a Havasupai Falls hiking trip with them during spring break. The Grand Canyon is calling me...

That's it for the week. Wish me luck in my student teaching adventure. It's going to be a blast...!??!......

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of the warm sunshine you are probably getting there! Also, My blog address is changed so you can change it in your blog roll. It is now.... annaalexbeal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete