Sunday, September 30, 2012

It was the End of September

This week has been a fun one for Justin and me. Monday for FHE we were both really stressed after our hour long coordinator meeting, so we just made homemade pizza out of random things in our refrigerator  It was a great way to unwind and the pizza was delicious!

Tuesday Hammer Time, our rec frisbee team, played our first game. We dominated them 15-0. Our goal is to have a perfect record in wins and points; no team scores against us! We'll see what happens. Because Justin and I are coordinating the competitive league, we're not allowed to play in the competitive league. Rec and club are the only times we get to play frisbee which is a shame because there's no competition in rec, and the club games are in far away places that require gas to get there...which we don't want to pay for.

We also attempted to pick apples from the school orchard that night, but when we walked up there all the apples were gone. Lame! Oh well, we plan on going with Trisha to a potato harvest thing tomorrow for FHE where we can get a bunch for free. Score!

Wednesday we had a ward activity. We had a bunch of sandwiches, and I made Oreo truffles to take for a dessert. We're making friends slowly, but there's not really anybody Justin and I are really clicking with. The good news is a lot of our frisbee friends are married so we hang out with them a lot. Every Sunday we do game night with the Soules, Breinholts, and a few other couples.

Thursday I had an astronomy activity out at the livestock center where they have a 12" diameter telescope. We looked at the moon and it was actually too bright to look very long (it was a waxing gibbous, so not quite a full moon). We saw some star clusters too. Don't let Hubble's pictures fool you; it definitely does not look that amazing when you're looking through a telescope. The massive ones the university owns don't even do much. I was also super frustrated at competitive sports that day for all the silly procedures they're making players go through this semester, so I took my frustration out on our apartment and cleaned like a crazy woman! It felt great and our place looks great too.

Friday Justin and I were busy with frisbee games. The women's league has five teams this semester, so plenty of competition to go around. The guys have six so they're having fun as well. A few coaches have asked me to come to their practices to show them a few things, so I'm looking forward to that. I really enjoy the opportunity to meet all the girls and build a relationship with them, but everything else is really frustrating and makes me want to quit! The only reason I won't quit is because if I do, the league is done...so I'll do my part for another 6 weeks. We went out to Costa Vida in reward for all our hard work and finished the night watching The Lorax. 

Saturday we went to the temple in the morning and had the opportunity to be the witness couple! That was extra special for us. We had club frisbee practice at Porter Park after that. Our team wants to go down to Utah this weekend to play BYU's team in between conference, but it's not worth the money to me to play just one game, so Justin and I plan on going home and enjoying Mom's corn chowder, thank you very much. We made homemade pizza for lunch again, but with whole wheat crust this time (I am my  mother's daughter), and that night I enjoyed the Relief Society General Broadcast with Trisha. Her stake does dinner before and then watches it at the stake center so I joined her for that. They had quilts showing at the dinner that the ladies in the stake had made and Trisha let two of her quilts shine: the one she made for Justin and me for a wedding gift and one she made out of Travis's sport uniforms, t-shirts, and other sport memorabilia.

While we were off being super spiritual, Justin got a bunch of his guy friends together and had "man cave time" at our apartment. He said there was a great turnout. They had pizza and Oreo truffles (you're welcome) and played Starcraft and Halo. I did a bunch of homework that night at Justin's office after the broadcast since our apartment was full of testosterone and the library was closed. Gotta keep that GPA up!

Today I was called as a ward organist. I about died when he said "ward organist." I was hoping for more of a "Relief Society teacher" calling or something like that. Oh well, ANYTHING is better that nursery in my opinion at this stage in my life. I'm not good with children. I'm sure I'll be fine with my own, just not anybody else's. I've never even been that lovey-dovey with my nieces and nephews so...yeah. Let the El. Em. majors take care of that business. Justin is the Priesthood substitute teacher in the Elder's quorum, so we both have callings now. We had a great Sunday dinner with a bunch of Justin's friends. I broke out the peach pie filling we made with Trisha about a month ago which was delicious! Peach pie is my ultimate favorite! That about sums up our week.

Here's our wedding video, in case you missed it: http://vimeo.com/49855091#at=0








No comments:

Post a Comment