Monday, November 14, 2011

11.11.11

I titled this post 11.11.11 even though I did nothing significant whatsoever on 11.11.11. At 11:11 PM on 11.11.11 I was killing zombies, but that story comes later.

This week has been great! Monday night for FHE our group played wallyball in the Hart. It's like volleyball, except you can use the walls (minus the back wall). We play them in the courts where they play racquetball, and it is a blast every time I play. Only six of us showed up to play, but we made it fun with just three on three. I had a couple sweet plays with my feet that I am rather proud of. Keaton would be delighted to know we even played "Smeagol style" for a few minutes. Really it was just a great time for all of us to act like goofy goobers and hit a ball at each other.

I'm one of the activities coordinators in our ward. My partner and I planned a ward skating activity for Tuesday night. It's too bad we made all the arrangements before we checked the weather, because Tuesday night was cold!!!! I showed up at 6:20 so catering had someone to meet when they showed up at 6:30...

Here's the thing; nobody showed up until 6:50! Including the skating rink employee! Hello people...I have a ward of almost 200 that will be here at 7, and you think we can set this all up in 10 minutes? Ooober frustrating. We quickly set up tables for the hot cocoa and doughnuts and pretty soon everyone arrived. We skated from 7 to 8:30 and it was so fun! Even though it was a whopping 27 degrees, we were able to have lots of fun playing tag and taking pictures.
Ultimate Frisbee practice...brrr

gotta look hot for YSA ward activity for sure ;)

The coordinators



nailed it!





I voted for mayor and city council and went to the doctor that day as well. I was the 333 voter! The doctor said my hand was going to take time to heal up, but that in the meantime I should stop using it. I told him that was unacceptable because there are two weeks left in the season. He told me, "Well good luck!" I'm happy to report that it is basically healed now, so no big deal. Oh, and when I was driving the company car that day, it got a flat tire. Of course when the temp drives the company car everything goes wrong. Turns out my boss knew it needed fixed but left it in the parking lot looking compatible for me to drive. I parked the car at a company on 2nd East and walked sheepishly back to our office to report the flat. People were nice about it, but I still felt like an idiot! Here's a picture of my hand at it's peak bruising stage:


There is a nature park in Rexburg  I like to go to often. I've been going there at least once a week either after work or during my lunch break to just walk around or read my scriptures or something. I've really been eating it up because pretty soon it will be all snowy and I won't want to go. Here are some pics:





A grandpa with his two grandkids feeding the ducks...precious!


Thursday was a big Frisbee day. I had practice, and since our season is almost over I took turns meeting with each girl and I basically gave them each their own personal motivational speech. They loved it! I love my team. We are all just a bunch of underdogs that are exceeding expectations! After practice I tossed with my Frisbee friend Brett at the I-Center for an hour. I had another rec dodgeball game and it was rough! We totally lost. I'm horrible at dodgeball. My throws have no mustard on them; they get caught every time!

When I got home, Bill, my roommate's volleyball coach (6'6" cute RM) texted me and asked me to get ice cream with him. I got cute super fast and we went to DQ. We had our dessert and then sat and talked there for almost an hour. We went to his apartment after that and played this board game. It's a zombie board game that is surprisingly fun! That was really fun to hang out with him. He is a very nice guy, and he's a lot of fun.

In other news, I totally got a straightener, and my hair is *fantastic these days. I LOVE it. Check it:
sometimes I like to take emo pictures of myself.
Friday night I had tickets to a mystery dinner put on by the university. I asked a friend I met from the summer break to go with me, and we had a lot of fun! He was the right kind of guy to ask because he was getting way into character. The setting was a 1950's theater and the characters at my table did such a good job. The inspector had a cool accent, and the two girls who played the actresses were acting like total snobs...it was great! I picked the right character for myself: Sandy, the girl who takes people's tickets and smiles at them. When the girls would say something snobby to me, all I knew to do was laugh and that fit my character description. Lucky!

The idea of a mystery dinner is someone is killed, and throughout the dinner we act like our characters and get letters with instructions to try to find out who the murderer is, so we question each other throughout the whole thing. It was a lot of fun, and the best part was dressing up. I bought lipstick and wore bright red nail polish and everything! My roommate helped me do my hair. it looks a bit like Princess Leah...but hey, we tried!




those heels make me 5'10" and make my legs look fan-freakin-tastic
That night I played the zombie board game again with Bill and his roommates. I came so close to winning! It is a really fun game because you think you have a plan, but everyone has cards that hurt other people. I thought I was about to win but then all these cards were played that killed me! It was a lot of fun.

Saturday we played the Spartans for our Frisbee game. It was windy as heck. By far it was the worst weather I've played in. It started out extremely windy, and then the hail started. We set a time cap (so we weren't stuck there for 2 hours like last time) and time ran out with the score 3-3 so we called a tie and went home. I had three assists and three knockdowns, so I'm glad I was still able to get work done in that blasted weather!
Laying out for a disc...if I would've caught this, we would've won! But it was too far ahead of me. It was almost a point into the wind which would've sealed the deal. No way was the other team scoring into the wind. Blarg




that's me in the middle, fighting for possession!


the weather 30 minutes after my game


sidewalk on campus, downhill from the upper fields where we play
I was able to go to the temple that afternoon, and it took a good two hours. It was nice to have chill time in the temple. I love the Holy Spirit I feel there every time I go.

Saturday night we had stake conference, and it was a really good meeting. I went by myself because none of my roommates were going, and it's not like I have many friends to go to conference with. Almost all my FHE brothers are engaged, and the ones that aren't were working and stuff, so I was semi put down about that. I mean...who wants to go to church meetings alone? Whatever...I went early so I could get a nice soft seat, and it paid off because one of my Frisbee friends Brett from the spring (6'2" cute RM...;)) was there. His roommates skipped out, so he was alone too! We sat by each other and it was a surprisingly good time. For one thing, the stuff they talked about was great. I took lots of notes. They talked about preparing ourselves for our meetings to set the tone inside ourselves to invite the spirit in, and then they really emphasized the importance of being worthy of and sensitive to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and how the Holy Ghost is a gift God has given us. For another thing, Brett was being way funny and he had me laughing almost the whole meeting!

He went to Broulim's with me after so I could buy a roast for Sunday dinner, and then he came over and we played a game of Settlers! While we waited for our third person to arrive, we played Pictionary with the two of us. He's a really good artist...I'm just horrible at guessing! You should've seen me try to guess "night light"...ridiculous. He also tromped us at Settlers. He prolonged the game to try to get as many points as possible because Chad and I were so far behind. I had six points at the end of the game, all settlements and victory points. Those games are miserable! But it was still a lot of fun...that doesn't make any sense. Whatever.

Sunday has been great. We had stake conference again and Brett sat by my roommate and I. Someone's phone kept going off seriously, like every three minutes. It was a substantial "beep beep beep beep" noise at regular intervals. Brett and Lauren were getting so annoyed at the noise, and I just wanted to know where the heck it was coming from! It sounded so close to us, so every time it went off we did our best to turn our heads with, "Seriously, if you're going to text, turn your stupid phone down" looks on our faces. An hour into the meeting, it went off and Brett whipped around to the guys sitting behind us and asked, "Is that your phone?" They both said no, and he turned back around to me and asked (for the 10th time), "Are you sure that's not your phone?" I told him I was sure and he sat there with this perplexed look on his face as he tried to figure out whose phone it was. Then...like a light bulb, he got this "Ah-ha!" look on his face and then said, "Wait...is it my phone?" He pulled his phone out and turned it off...and there was not another "beep beep beep beep" noise the rest of the meeting.

Maybe it was just really coincidental timing, but I teased him for the rest of the time about how it was very likely that it was his phone that was making him so mad the whole time, while he blatantly replied, "You can't prove anything." So funny.

My home teachers came by on Sunday. One of them has his own bee farm thing, and for a treat he let us try honey that his bees made. It was the best honey I've ever had!


Sunday night was a lot of fun at our apartment. I made roast for dinner, and we had seven boys over!  Seven boys and three girls? Yes I feel great about that. Lauren, Thea, and I were the girls and then I invited Chase and Conrad plus Brett, Bill, Travis, Eric, and Winston. We devoured my roast and enjoyed mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, and rolls. I made peach dessert, and then we played Pictionary! Brett and I were partners and we rocked the house! After that we watched How to Train Your Dragon and went to stadium singing.

So basically that was my week. This week is Frisbee playoffs, so I'm totally stoked! I'm very nervous to be driving now that the weather has turned icy. I'm not worried about my driving...I'm worried about the other idiot drivers. I've driven by at least three car accidents already. Oh my...well, that's all I have to say about my week. I'm hoping to get a bunch of Frisbee victories this weekend, as picture below.
All I do is win win win no matter what!

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes, I can't believe I read the whole thing. How many times have you seen How to Train your Dragon. For reals!

    ReplyDelete